Thursday, October 18, 2012

Moving right along

Well, I completed 3 more credits yesterday. That's 7 now! Yippee!! Granted, I know my progress will slow down a bit once I'm not doing review type classes, but still. It's good for the ol' self esteem.

Life is crazy (when is it not?). We are working our little tails off to get our other house cleaned up and fixed so we can get it on the market by the beginning of November. We are having a house party this weekend....AKA: my husband has some awesome friends who are giving up their free time to help us so we can get this listed ASAP. Gotta love friends.

No pictures for you this post. I haven't had much time for baking or cooking other than the normal dinner cooking. I am proud of myself for sticking to my meal plan the past few weeks. I started a new concept this week where I have a "theme" for each weekday. Monday is chicken, Tuesday is Mexican, Wednesday is Burger Night (experimental burgers as well), Thursday is New Recipe night and Friday is Theme Night (where I can really have some fun - think Mexican Fiesta, Indoor Picnic, Cowboy, Asian Cuisine, etc). Tonight is New Recipe so I made stuffed (with mozzerella) meatballs and stuck them in the crockpot to simmer in marinara sauce all day. Tonight I'll probably cook up a little pasta for the sauce and garlic bread for dipping - though my gut tells me the boys are going to make meatball sandwiches (because that's what Joey likes on Friends). They smelled great already and they haven't even cooked yet! We shall see how slow cooking them works out.

Peace Out :)

3 comments:

  1. I am nowhere as organized as you, though I did cook up a mean chicken cacciatore last night, with leftovers for tonight. I believe I can learn from a person who actually plans her meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm....chicken cacciatore. Yum! This meal planning I have found to be essential when trying to stay on budget :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where the sam hill do you find time to do all this stuff?

    ReplyDelete