Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sick and such

After a lovely three day weekend, I'm home sick. This flu/cold bug that is making it's rounds is bad. I only hope it doesn't make rounds through the house as sick kids (and husband!) are hard to deal with. Of course, it would be a gorgeous day outside when all I want to do is curl up into the fetal position.

In other news, Hubs, Papa and the boys spent the day a few days ago working on making a new chicken coop for our feathered friends. It's the temporary one but still an improvement for them. Of course, right now they aren't pulling their weight so I am questioning whether or not they actually deserve such niceties. I actually had to BUY eggs. The very nerve!
Miscellaneous fencing from around the property put together into this magnificent chicken coop. 

Father and son working together

Hubs is a man with a plan

She isn't too sure what is going on, but will make lots of noise anyway!

Adding the next layer of fencing

Next generation of father and son working together

Stretching out the chicken wire to keep it from getting tangled

The question is, how do we put the fencing up while utilizing the existing fence??

Nearly finished!

Ethan practicing his chicken skills

Such a large space!

How many Maycrofts to catch a lone chicken??

Sir Chicken Whisperer

Carefully! Don't let them out!

Our ladies enjoying their fresh grass and new space

The chickens are safe with Scout

Mmmmm. Bugs. 
So far the verdict is that it was a success. Still no more eggs, but what are you going to do? Come spring time we will be adding more hens and we will have eggs coming out of our ears! 

As for this sick one? My cozy blanket and bed are calling....

Peace Out :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it 's too cold for egg laying????
    And , this is crazy, but after a very busy three day weekend, I , too, decided I needed a sick day - more a mental health day - a day to just breathe. I am loving every moment of it - sure, I have a headache and feel achy and tired but I am inside and warm :) and no one is telling me what to do next (except for me). Enjoy!
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete