Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Modern Pioneer Woman.....

Ok, so not really a PIONEER woman, but a woman who is more self-sufficient and able to do just about anything. What am I talking about? As of late, I am finding myself to desire even more than ever before that I learn how to do just about everything. And I do mean everything. I love my garden, but I want to SUCCESSFULLY harvest and store "the fruits of my labor" (so to speak) as the garden flourishes. That means learning how to can and preserve all of my food. I need someone to show me how to do that. Sure, I have all the books, but for me, I learn oh so much better by doing, not reading. Also, with our tea business, I have been doing much research on natural and herbal remedies for common ailments. I want to know it all! Again, I have been poring over said books, but that only helps to a certain point.

I love baking and cooking (not a big shocker there), but I want to be able to make MORE for my family. Whenever possible, I bake bread and freeze it, but there are so many other things I wish I could make homemade for my family. I just want to know what is going in their bodies!! Is that a bad thing? In all honesty, if I had the time, I would investigate making dog food/cat food.

I wish I had the skill set for not just a beautiful veggie garden, but flower garden as well. I know this is something you learn as you go, but I just wish I had the ability to do it now.

Quilting, knitting, sewing....I wish I could do that too. I have the desire to learn. I'm just pulled in so many different directions. But yes, I want to learn them all.

To be totally honest, I feel I'm torn between wanting to live in the modern world (complete with pedicures, mall visits and movies) and wanting to do things myself (or with the help of my husband). There is a certain satisfaction in doing something yourself. The other day, I ate a cucumber from the garden. Tasted so good!!! Something to mull over, I suppose. In the mean time, I'll just slowly learn it all. I am determined enough to do it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment