Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's getting hot in here...

No, but seriously. This 96+ degree heat is getting to me. Mind you, this is all well and good when you just hop in the pool, float around for a while, then saunter back into the nice cool house and flop onto the couch and read your favorite book. Wouldn't that be fantastic. I, however, have NO pool, NO cool house, and not even the mental capacity to HAVE a favorite book right now. Remind me why I was dying to have this hot weather?? Where did the cool go? How about just mid to low 80s? That would be fantastic. It's hard to sleep, it's difficult to get anything done....it just stinks.

The good with all this heat? My garden is EXPLODING. I really do mean that. All of a sudden my tomato plants (which i MAY have gone overboard with, just a tad) are full of blossoms. Peppers are not too far behind. As are the melons, squashes, cucumbers, peas, beans, lettuce, corn, tomatillos, spinach, kale, gourds, pumpkins and strawberries (just to name a few). Does anyone have any advice for a novice gardener? I will be experimenting with canning later on in the season. Remind me to wait for a COOL day to do that.

Ok, my brain is fried. Time for a cool shower. That is all I can do. That, and lay a cool washcloth over my forehead. Like I have a freakin fever or something. Eesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment