Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Taking a little time

I'm learning to be "ok" with not being "on" all of the time. Does that make sense to anyone out there in cyberworld? This past weekend, I had great plans. I wanted to clean,  I wanted to organize, I wanted to cook. Then Saturday morning rolled around and I just didn't want to. Not in the same way you don't want to go to work in the morning, but more that I just wanted a day (or two) to not be responsible for anything. I realized that I am the only person putting these "rules" onto myself. I'm the boss of me and my weekend decisions. I decided to give myself the day off.

It was nice.

I hardly even cooked, which is very unlike me.

What did I do?

I hung out with the kids. I surfed the internet. I drank tea on the swing with Chad. We dreamed of future plans. I read my book. We watched some movies. I went to bed early.

I finally feel rested after a weekend. And I thought I would feel guilty about all the things I wanted to do, but I don't. Coming to peace with realizing sometimes even Mama Bear needs a day off.

As you can see, I didn't even post on the blog.

But now I'm back. Gearing up for a busy week and weekend ahead of me. It was a nice break.

Peace Out :)

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that what Sundays are for? Rest? Don't feel guilty. We all need those days. I take them too often. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good girl! You ought to do that more often! Every one deserves a break from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to follow your example! Actually, I usually do about half the time on the weekends - I mean, I spend about half on my weekend on the chores - laundry, grocery, that rot - but I also spend half the time reading, napping (yes!), biking or maybe taking the dogs on a walk - those are the things that recharge me. I know you like the cooking and stuff but it's nice that you rest too! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete